Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRayso ForumSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poll
Likeing what we are rolling out?
Yes
@ Ray's PM request for help. Vote_lcap92%@ Ray's PM request for help. Vote_rcap
 92% [ 12 ]
no
@ Ray's PM request for help. Vote_lcap8%@ Ray's PM request for help. Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13
Top posters
ArchDuke (232)
@ Ray's PM request for help. Vote_lcap@ Ray's PM request for help. Voting_bar@ Ray's PM request for help. Vote_rcap 
error_691 (219)
@ Ray's PM request for help. Vote_lcap@ Ray's PM request for help. Voting_bar@ Ray's PM request for help. Vote_rcap 
RaysoRb (150)
Tmh32293 (76)
Devil-may-cry (72)
ATAL (38)
Ratex (28)
PlanC (8)
Night-Gh0st (4)
Vickranus (3)

@ Ray's PM request for help.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tmh32293
Private First Class
Private First Class
Tmh32293

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-10-30

@ Ray's PM request for help. Empty
PostSubject: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 11:21 pm

Forumotion does not allow you to do the OTD post not counting board, if it does I never found it after 2 hours of looking. Of coarse you are using PHP V2 and it is not a personalized version that includes so many codes to be added and ect as seen here Codes show off. PHPV3 may have this option if and only if Forumotion has gone with the complete v3 package and not the organization package as offered by AFF. You really did pick a hard host to use, FM as you can see by the admin panel is sort of a complicated thing.

And Note: even if the link above about the codes is hosted on AFF all v3's shall include the option to add those and many more custom codes.

Back to top Go down
http://euphoriaimages.synthasite.com
RaysoRb
Lawlistrator
Lawlistrator
RaysoRb

Male Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 2:37 pm

Ok thank you for help. So we can't add a OTD Board on PHP Version 2.
Back to top Go down
https://raysoforums.forumotion.net
ArchDuke
ArchDuke

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 10:08 pm

Tmh32293 wrote:
Forumotion does not allow you to do the OTD post not counting board, if it does I never found it after 2 hours of looking. Of coarse you are using PHP V2 and it is not a personalized version that includes so many codes to be added and ect as seen here Codes show off. PHPV3 may have this option if and only if Forumotion has gone with the complete v3 package and not the organization package as offered by AFF. You really did pick a hard host to use, FM as you can see by the admin panel is sort of a complicated thing.

And Note: even if the link above about the codes is hosted on AFF all v3's shall include the option to add those and many more custom codes.

I'm bored and I can't read...can anyone explain me wtf he just said???
Back to top Go down
Tmh32293
Private First Class
Private First Class
Tmh32293

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 11:42 pm

RaysoRb wrote:
Not in the forumotion version, i am 80% sure you can do so in the AFF (php creator) as I did it with my 3rd phpv2 site 3 years ago. As I said you picked a hard host, Suggestion: Do some research when picking any and all site host, i have gone through almost all the host there are out there to find the perfect one. AFF is one of the top ones.

ArchDuke wrote:

Bottom line, FM doesnt allow crap in v2, AFF does, same as the above post. If your not a admin of a php site nor have been a person who has seen the hundreds of versions of PHP 1, 2, 3 and Group. Then you wont get really anything I just said, it is sort of geek talk but seeing as Ray has not done anywhere .0001% near as much as I have done with Sites/forums or codes, but yet i am proud to see he understood any of that ( no offense usually no one gets it... To this day DarthWright doesnt get it and he has done over 30+ sites just with me in our 3-4 year partnership with our now disbanded internet group that made sites like this and set everything there is you needed up while you just gave out orders of what you wanted, once done one of us stuck around as either co-admin or mod to help out not if but when a problem starts)

Any more questions?
Back to top Go down
ArchDuke
ArchDuke

Male Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 11:49 pm

No thanks.
Back to top Go down
error_691
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
error_691

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 4:47 am

ArchDuke wrote:
No thanks.
lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
RaysoRb
Lawlistrator
Lawlistrator
RaysoRb

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 8:46 am

Tmh32293 wrote:
RaysoRb wrote:
Not in the forumotion version, i am 80% sure you can do so in the AFF (php creator) as I did it with my 3rd phpv2 site 3 years ago. As I said you picked a hard host, Suggestion: Do some research when picking any and all site host, i have gone through almost all the host there are out there to find the perfect one. AFF is one of the top ones.

ArchDuke wrote:

Bottom line, FM doesnt allow crap in v2, AFF does, same as the above post. If your not a admin of a php site nor have been a person who has seen the hundreds of versions of PHP 1, 2, 3 and Group. Then you wont get really anything I just said, it is sort of geek talk but seeing as Ray has not done anywhere .0001% near as much as I have done with Sites/forums or codes, but yet i am proud to see he understood any of that ( no offense usually no one gets it... To this day DarthWright doesnt get it and he has done over 30+ sites just with me in our 3-4 year partnership with our now disbanded internet group that made sites like this and set everything there is you needed up while you just gave out orders of what you wanted, once done one of us stuck around as either co-admin or mod to help out not if but when a problem starts)

Any more questions?

I will make another Test Forum to try PHP V3.

And My Last Question: Can the site Admin can change the Version of PHP?
Back to top Go down
Tmh32293
Private First Class
Private First Class
Tmh32293

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 9:35 am

Yes you can, request it via email to Forumotion if you want it moved that is, if they will let you move ti v3. Best host is
atfreeforum.com Although you loose everything and must start over much better host.

If and when you do i highly suggest and ask you link me and co-admin me so I can show you the inside and if it is going to be used, set up the massive amounts of codes and ect., If you you keep full control of the site and all i do is set it up with only what you want on the site, I have yet to this day meet someone who hasnt been able to work v3 on their first try without help, but very easy to learn.
Back to top Go down
RaysoRb
Lawlistrator
Lawlistrator
RaysoRb

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 2:05 pm

So if I request them to change my PHP Version, all of the members, posts and topics will be deleted. Did I Understood correct?
Back to top Go down
error_691
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
error_691

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 2:06 pm

RaysoRb wrote:
So if I request them to change my PHP Version, all of the members, posts and topics will be deleted. Did I Understood correct?
dont do that please affraid
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 2:08 pm

error_691 wrote:
RaysoRb wrote:

Why not?
Back to top Go down
Tmh32293
Private First Class
Private First Class
Tmh32293

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 8:05 pm

RaysoRb wrote:
If forumotion has true V3 then you should be able to just have them migrate everything from here to the new one, takes around a week depending on how long their line is. If they dont i still suggest Atfreeforum.com because they do offer it.

error_691 wrote:
Please all I ask for in my time here is that this topic stay spam free, only post if you have a question pertaining to the topic.
Back to top Go down
error_691
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
error_691

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 8:09 pm

oops sorry !ok i will bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: @ Ray's PM request for help.   @ Ray's PM request for help. Empty

Back to top Go down

@ Ray's PM request for help.
Page 1 of 1